Thursday, January 7, 2010

Made me laugh


So this week in class in most of my classes we have been singing songs about Martin Luther King in prep for the following couple of weeks. Well today the second graders of a certain class really liked the song. These are always touchy songs to sing with them, and this is really an indication of where we live, because the song are very gospely (yep made it up) and mention God and Jesus quite frequently and I have to tell them its okay to say that in this song. Well the song is called Free at Last.
And the lyrics go something like this Free at Last, Free at Last Thank God Almighty I'm Free at last!
So funny to hear these little ones barely singing along and then after I explained to them who MLK was and what he stood for, the gospel gates we open and out they came after school I happened to be standing at the front door and proceeded to hear about six of them singing it at the top of their lungs. HILARIOUS!!! Little white kids gettin' the hallelujah!!

No comments:

Post a Comment